Monday, June 1, 2009

Maxwell Trail- West Clear Creek

Saturday David and I hiked down the Maxwell Trail in West Clear Creek. It started out sunny and bright and when we came out, as you will see, it was raining. It was a great adventure.



Nice and warm on the way down.

The clouds are beginning to build.


What a neat rock formation. Looks like it would be fun to climb.



Hoping to find some fish.
We saw a lot of fish mostly small but a few were
six to eight inches long. Lots of Arizona Lobsters.


What we found was an Arizona Lobster(Crawdad)
We crossed the creek several times.
Is this what I think it is? Maryjane or could it be wild mint? What do you think?
Everything is so green!

This is one long bug. We are not sure what it was doing.

This is where we stopped to eat lunch, and then start back.

Waiting under a tree while it is raining.


The canyon looked so pretty with all the rain. It was thundering and lightening.

We got a good soaking coming out of the canyon.

One more successful and fun hike, even though we were soaked.

5 comments:

Colton said...

Wow, that did look like fun! Look at you two, all outdoorsy and whatnot. Too bad you didn't catch some of those six inchers, they are gorgeous down there!

Cait and Ben said...

That is really gorgeous - I didn't know green like that existed in AZ! That's great that you guys can do that stuff together. I hope Ben and I continue to explore out here, too.

Nate and Lori said...

You guys are the youngest "parents" that I know. Seriously...all of the fun outdoory things that you guys do are great. Hopefully Nate and I will be that way too.

Deanne said...

I told Jake he could go, but it was a long drive and I think he was tired. Your pictures turned out great. You guys do look pretty soaked at the end.

Kev said...

How fun I'm glad you guys are able to get out and enjoy.